You’ve spent a lifetime building your assets so it’s only good financial sense to ensure that your wealth goes to your family and not to an unplanned beneficiary.
We recommend clients to regularly review their will, particularly when your personal circumstances change. We can recommend a solicitor or work with your existing solicitor to ensure that your taxation and business circumstances are fully considered when preparing wills. This includes identifying beneficiaries, reviewing issues including taxation consequences, restructuring (if necessary) and valuing equity in businesses.
We ensure your self-managed superfund has the necessary strategies and documents in place to ensure your nominated beneficiary receives your funds, with minimum income tax consequences.
We know this can be a sensitive topic and will treat you and your family with the utmost of respect and privacy.
Some points worth considering:
- What happens to your business equity on passing?
- Have you an enduring power of attorney, if you became ill or injured?
- Can your family service bills, if you become ill or injured?
- Business succession planning for business partners is essential. How would your business be impacted if a partner were to die unexpectedly?
- What happens to my super?
We can assist you with all aspects of the process including:
- Organising wills and Binding Death Nomination Forms
- Tax effective planning
- Business succession plans, partnerships, shareholder agreements, and insurance
- Assisting executors for deceased estates
- Asset protection